Evesham Voyager HUGE issue

Maoria 18:38 28 Mar 2008

I am aware that Evesham has now gone itno liquidation, and all their customers are being diverted to Total Care Support, not much better in my oppinion mind you. So when my laptop broke, and I still had 18 months warranty with evesham, I was a bit bummed out, as it didnt count for toffee anymore. I began a 12 month standing order with TCS of £6.99 incase any repairs are needed, I was told this would include a free courier service and free repairs. I phoned the Tech service to arrange to have my laptop picked up and repaired, but of course, something was bound to go horribly wrong. I have just been informed...by a very rude technician I might add, that I may be paying up to £70 for my first repair, £70!?! what for? I asked. The technician replied that if it was a hardware problem, I have to pay for any replaced parts. I told him, of course it was a hardware problem, I cant even access safe mode, but that doesnt make it my fault! But I wasn't getting anywhere.
So, here is where you lovely people come in, My Evesham Voyager 5000 gets as far as the windows loading screen before giving me a split second "Blue Screen Of Death" and just beginds the reboot again, always resulting in the same thing, safe mode, safe mode with networking & safe mode with command prompt result in the same blue screen every time also, can anyone make any suggestions on how to repair my laptop, or even just a guess on what might be wrong?
Maoria

STREETWORK 18:44 28 Mar 2008

If you have the system recovery or windows disk, place it in the drive and reboot.

You will need to reinstall the system. Hopefully you have backed up all your personal data...

STREETWORK 18:45 28 Mar 2008

Should have added that it looks like the registry has become corrupted...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:47 28 Mar 2008

windows loading screen

which one? blue scrolling bars or welcome screen?

can you get into safe mode? (Tap F8 while booting)
if you get the menu up try last known good configuration.

Cancel the standing order.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:50 28 Mar 2008

Could be a corrupt windows file or even a driver.

There are ways of recovering without reinstalling windows and losing your data.

What type of disks came with the machine?

Maoria 18:56 28 Mar 2008

Now this is a problem I've been stressing over, my recovery disk has vanished into thin air...considering smashing something in my room out of frustration.
The error message, now that I've stopped it from automatically restarting is;
c000021a {fatel system error]
the session manager initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000026c (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down

STREETWORK 19:19 28 Mar 2008

This may help, as you do not have the recovery disk,

click here

Post back...

julius44 19:30 28 Mar 2008

Hi there.....your last resort is to set your laptop back to factory settings...but this means that you will LOSE EVERYTHING that was on your laptop, as it will now be as if your laptop has come straight out of the box. This process is only a last resort....as it cannot be reversed.
If u want to do this, then let me know........

Maoria 19:47 28 Mar 2008

julius44, restoring back to factory settings doesnt bother me, as long as the damn thing works. I emailed you asking how.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires