everything turned into publisher files

mothercranky 21:10 27 Feb 2007

i have recently been messing about makin some invites using publisher (not really used it much before)and now suddenly i cannot save or open any pic files when using anything else, everything is being saved as a publisher file but will only open a blank publisher screen! dont know what i have changed, any ideas ??

wee eddie 21:37 27 Feb 2007

that you know the program with which it has been made > Right click > Select "Open with" > Select the program that you know made it > tick the box at the bottom left.

mothercranky 21:52 27 Feb 2007

yeh i have been tryin that but it doesnt appear to be workin. why would it save everythin as pub files in the 1st place?

Kate B 22:12 27 Feb 2007

When you say "everything", do you mean Office documents? Or does "everything" include photographs, music files, that kind of thing?

mothercranky 22:53 27 Feb 2007

yeh all photos and office docs

wee eddie 21:29 28 Feb 2007

I'm sure that we can come up with a solution

terryf 21:43 28 Feb 2007

Go to settings>control panel>folder options>file types and scroll down to doc, see what program is associated with it, if it is not Word, change it to word. Do the same with other files you have probs with.

mothercranky 22:41 28 Feb 2007

to update - i ran the system restart and now the publisher icons are still on the screen but with a mini picture manager icon on the left of the icon. i can now open them but its still a bit weird!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?