Event veiwer log

postie24 13:16 28 May 2007

Hi,ive just browsed through the event viewer and noticed this as a warning,is it anything to worry about,if so how do i get around it?

Windows saved user (my comp name )registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off.The memory used by the users registry has not been freed.The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account try configuring the services to run in either the local service or network service account.

Many thanks,

Postie24

gudgulf 13:26 28 May 2007

My Comodo firewall does this when it has its registry settings in "protected" mode.

It is probably one of your programs which has similar protection against unauthorised registry modifications enabled.

If you double click the alert and scroll down through all the text in the warning box it should tell you which program is causing the problem.

To sort it out and stop the alert without altering any program settings download and install the User Hive Profile Cleanup tool from Microsft click here

postie24 13:29 28 May 2007

gudgulf
Many thanks

postie24 13:59 28 May 2007

Everything working ok now,great cleanup tool that gudgulf pointed out,
Thanks again

Postie24

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?