Event ID 63

Phrixos 19:16 26 Sep 2006

Anybody know what the hell this means?

"Product: Windows Operating System Event ID: 63 Source: WinMgmt Version: 5.2 Symbolic Name: WBEM_MC_PROVIDER_SUBSYSTEM_LOCALSYSTEM_PROVIDER_LOAD Message: A provider, %1, has been registered in the WMI namespace, %2, to use the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests.

The Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) provider subsystem runs individual providers within specific COM servers based on their required security level. Only administrators are allowed to register providers and configure their required security level, and only trusted providers should be configured to use LocalSystem. This warning message is an audit record indicating that the provider is running with the privileges of the LocalSystem account."

Sounds serious.

Any ideas?

Phrixos

Sandy110 19:50 26 Sep 2006

Do you have an ADSL connection by any chance?

Phrixos 19:52 26 Sep 2006

Hello Sandy.

Yes.

Sandy110 20:15 26 Sep 2006

I had a similar problem earlier this year after downloading Microsoft update files. I suspect I had some "nasties" running in the background, which hadn't been detected, had somehow reacted with my software.
I downloaded and ran C-Cleaner which solved the problem.
Worth a try

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?