event id 32003

Gogetta 13:56 07 Mar 2010

Hi,

My interent keeps dropping atleast once a day and I have to restart the router to regain access to the internet. When it happens i get error 32003 in event veiwer. The description is as follows:-

"The Network Address Translator (NAT) was unable to request an operation of the kernel-mode translation module. This may indicate misconfiguration, insufficient resources, or an internal error. The data is the error code."

Anyone got any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks

Ben.

northumbria61 14:29 07 Mar 2010

Hi Gogetta - this explains what the problem is or might be and contains LINKS to Microsoft which you may like to continue with.

click here

Gogetta 21:25 09 Mar 2010

thanks for the reply northumbria61.

i looked at the link you gave me and it all seems to relate to Internet Connection Sharing. I'm on using ICS, im just using a standard router, which is why this is confusing.

seems to be something to do with the subnet mask for the adsl connection, which is 255.255.255.255.

any ideas?

thanks

northumbria61 22:51 09 Mar 2010

Not at the moment - but it's got me thinking.

northumbria61 13:44 10 Mar 2010

Hi Gogetta

If you are on static ip on your Broadband then your Broadband supplier will have stated what the subnet mask is.
Can you access the Router login page when the Internet is down?
If you can't access your Router while the Internet is down I suggest a full re-setup of Router or try another Router.
The NAT error in windows may just be because the router isn't talking properly.

Intermittent connections and "drop" connections are never easy to pinpoint. It could be down to your phone line, a broadband filter, the adsl cable.

If you know the make of your Router there may be a "firmware" update for it you could try.

Gogetta 22:29 11 Mar 2010

thanks for the reply.

i can access the router fine when the internet is down. i go into the stats in the router settings and it just tells me that there is no connection through adsl.

one thing i noticed, is that i tend to get the error once a day on the computer connected to the router via ethernet. all others are connected via wireless but don't receive the error but obviously they get the disconnection. Which makes me think that it might be something to do with me turning on the ethernet connected computer.

Anyway, I've tried turning off UPnP and I still get the error but the disconnection seems to have stopped, which confuses me even further.

firmware is all up to date, router and filters are all new. not sure about the phone line as its quite an old house.

thanks for your help, by the way.

Gogetta 22:29 11 Mar 2010

thanks for the reply.

i can access the router fine when the internet is down. i go into the stats in the router settings and it just tells me that there is no connection through adsl.

one thing i noticed, is that i tend to get the error once a day on the computer connected to the router via ethernet. all others are connected via wireless but don't receive the error but obviously they get the disconnection. Which makes me think that it might be something to do with me turning on the ethernet connected computer.

Anyway, I've tried turning off UPnP and I still get the error but the disconnection seems to have stopped, which confuses me even further.

firmware is all up to date, router and filters are all new. not sure about the phone line as its quite an old house.

thanks for your help, by the way.

Gogetta 22:30 11 Mar 2010

not sure why that double posted, sorry.

northumbria61 22:59 11 Mar 2010

Hi Gogetta -

Good to hear that the disconnection appears to have stopped. I don't have anything further to suggest at this moment in time but I have e-mailed a relative of mine who works for a local computer firm to see if he has come across this problem.

Watch this space!

northumbria61 12:56 12 Mar 2010

Further - sounds like router if the problem has semi stabilized itself when turning off UPnP.

I also advise running malwarebytes to see if anything odd is going on there.

click here

T0SH 13:58 12 Mar 2010

The subnet mask of 255.255.255.255 from your post is above incorrect the default for ICS should be 255.255.255.0

More info here

click here

Cheers HC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache