Even This PC crashes, its unbelievable

erkmatrix 08:37 20 Oct 2007

Just had a PC bought in September that had this spec Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 GHz 4Mb Cache, 4Gb Corsair Memory DDR 800, 500GB SATA Hard Drive, , 8025-C43 Midi, Atrix 800Watt Silent Dual Fan , 768Mb Nvidia 8800GTX graphics card DX10, QC - Gigabyte N680iSLI-DQ6-1333fsb-DDR1066x4 SLI (Dual graphics), DVD+/- RW - 18X Samsung Lightscribe, Floppy Drive - SILVER, Integrated Sound Card,

Well cut a long story short it kept crashing with blue screen, mouse pointer freezing, I tried evrything, sent it back and it was rebuilt then returned only to find it still crashed. Phoned up again and was told this time we will swap it and make up the same spec on a completly new machine. Arrived yesterday and worked ok yesterday only this morning this one crashed. I can't believe it, damn computers. I get the same error message too that I got with the other one.

C:\DOCUME~1\user~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER6895.dir\Mini101207-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\user~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER6895.dir\sysdata.xml

only this time its

mini102007-01.dmp
sysdata.xml

What does this mean, is somethinf of my build spec just don't work together like the motherboard with my processor and prone to these crashes.

User-312386 08:43 20 Oct 2007

You havent said what operating system you are using

Graham. 08:50 20 Oct 2007

Any entries in Event Viewer?

FatboySlim71 08:55 20 Oct 2007

The fault you are having sounds like a VERY similar fault that I had on my Cube PC, is your PC a Cube PC?

I kept on sending mine back to get fixed but it came back with the same fault occurring time after time and as such it never got sorted out, so in the end I sold it. Sorry I can't be any help.

crosstrainer 08:58 20 Oct 2007

May help you to diagnose / repair your problem.

click here

erkmatrix 09:00 20 Oct 2007

Sorry its Windows XP Home and was on both machines
.This one is certainly more stable as the other would crash nearly everytime I turned it on, especially in games, but tended if you got through an hour of it not crashing it would be OK, weird that.

Looking at events viewer I notice theres quite a few under system yesterday as source service control and the one today at 8.13 is there as system error category (102) event (1003) whatever that means

erkmatrix 09:03 20 Oct 2007

Sorry its Windows XP Home and was on both machines
.This one is certainly more stable as the other would crash nearly everytime I turned it on, especially in games, but tended if you got through an hour of it not crashing it would be OK, weird that.

Looking at events viewer I notice theres quite a few under system yesterday as source service control and the one today at 8.13 is there as system error category (102) event (1003) whatever that means

Graham. 09:28 20 Oct 2007

In Event Viewer, Properties, you have the opportunity to send the report to Microsoft. This may return a cause.

I am Spartacus 09:28 20 Oct 2007

What software have you installed? I had a similar problem a few years ago that was caused by a conflict between AVG and the graphics drivers, once I'd updated both the problem disappeared. It could be there's some software or plugged in device that's causing this.

erkmatrix 09:47 20 Oct 2007

The computer manufacturer put free AVG anti-virus yes on both machines along with the trial edition of AVG anti-spyware, both are upto date though.

No other other software yet apart from a game Just Cause

I am Spartacus 09:51 20 Oct 2007

I gave AVG as an example, it could be anything. Does it crash with that game uninstalled?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache