European Lottery Win

birdface 09:16 29 Sep 2007

Hi,Just received a letter from International lotto Commission informing me that I have won 930.810 Euros in their Lotto Primitiva Promotion Program.Now this really comes with official looking documents Tel Numbers and fax numbers.And of course with Espana stamp on envelope.Now it gives me a phone number that I have to phone to confirm my winning numbers and to have the money transferred to my bank account, and of course another page to Inform them of my bank details so that they can transfer the money to my account or out of it probably. Is there anyone else receiving this type of letter.It would be nice to win all that money and if I had an empty bank account that I did not use I may have been tempted to answer it.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:39 29 Sep 2007

Anyone who replies to these, thinking that they have won when they have not entered a lottery, deserves everything that they get and some more plus one would hope that these people are incapable breeding. There is no limit to the stupidity of people....and yes, there are thousands of these emails doing the rounds.

G

andywolve 09:43 29 Sep 2007

Thankfully I dont receive those kind of emails. But I know what I would do - just delete them. PCAdvisor prints often their magazine not to open any such emails that you were simply not expecting or dont know the person

birdface 09:50 29 Sep 2007

Yes I thought as much.But the letter is so official looking I could understand why maybe pensioners or others may be duped into giving there bank details,As I am A pensioner I just thought that it may just have been us that were getting targeted.Ahh well looks like beans and toast to-night again then.Thanks for your response just confirms what I already thought.

birdface 09:53 29 Sep 2007

Hi Andy.its a different twist ,Received it by letter, I suppose it makes it more official looking.But still crap whatever way you get it.

spuds 11:19 29 Sep 2007

I notice of late that my junk mail as increased considerably, just ditched 89 this morning, about 130 yesterday. A few weeks ago it wasn't all that bad and was bearable, but now :O(

the pie eater 11:20 29 Sep 2007

Easy to sort it out just bin it

birdface 12:40 29 Sep 2007

I Agree,Just bin it.Now it is all right for me if I have a problem like this I can always come on here for advice.I was just thinking of others who do not have this facility.And how many actually answer those letters and may have whatever little savings that they have removed.

spuds 13:22 29 Sep 2007

buteman
About two months ago, a woman accounts manager working in the area that I live in was given a prison sentence. She was caught out dipping her hands in the company finances to pay for a well run scam that would give her untold riches. Takes all sorts I suppose, even with people who seem to have intelligent and trustworthy jobs!!.

pj123 13:59 29 Sep 2007

Yes, I have had a few of these. They usually come from Holland or Canada.

They normally ask for an "up front" fee to release the winnings.

I did send one back once with the message:

"Please take the fee out of the winnings and forward me a cheque for the balance."

I never heard another peep from them.

Remember: IF YOU'RE NOT IN, YOU CAN'T WIN!

birdface 14:55 29 Sep 2007

Yes I think we all agree that it is a scam.Usually you get them with e-mails.They have obviously changer their tactics and doing it by letter now.It's a Pity that I do not have a scanner so that I could show you the letter.It is very realistic and I can see a few folk getting conned with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?