Euro Software - lorgesoft - trustworthy?

compumac 12:59 11 Oct 2008

I have downloaded Photoshop CS3 Extended 30 day trial from Adobe. I accessed the Adobe site for prices etc but could not find any way to check prices etc. I located a website,- lorgesoft.com who were advertising it at £99.95. At that price it is highly suspicious. Has anyone any knowledge of lorgesoft.com or Euro Software as shown on their website?

Technotiger 13:05 11 Oct 2008

I would definitely treat that one as a Scam - stay well away!

Technotiger 13:08 11 Oct 2008

Hmm, on second thoughts, I could well be wrong! Having looked further into Euro Software, it would indeed appear to be legit!

compumac 16:01 11 Oct 2008

I feel tempted but need someone out there who has dealt with these people to comment. I do not commit myself to this type of action without reassurances.
They indicate that it is all OEM. In essence what would be the pitfalls in purchasing OEM?

compumac 16:05 11 Oct 2008

Just googled for Euro Software - Does not look good/genuine as suspected. Anyone out there disagree?

Woolwell 16:17 11 Oct 2008

Have you read the about us page? You don't get a CD. You download a zip package. What about the licence?

OEM software, which this is, is meant to be sold with a new build computer or a piece of hardware.

I would be suspicious. If the price seems too good to be true then I would be very careful. The spamwiki site would make be run from it.

compumac 16:35 11 Oct 2008

Woolwell
I have been suspicious from the start and spamwiki tended to confirm that. I have been using the CS3 Extended 30 day trial for a few days now and tried from the Photoshop programme itself to go to Adobe site to clarify the price from them. The link in the programme took me to CS4 with no reference to CS3 whatsover, so it looks as if Adobe themselves no longer refer to it on their website. So if I did decide to purchase the programme it seems unclear as to where it could be obtained from without concern.

Woolwell 16:35 11 Oct 2008

The more I found out about the address given on the website the less likely I would buy anything from them. Do a search based on "210 East 59st Street New York".

Technotiger 16:39 11 Oct 2008

Hmm yes, tend to agree with all the comments - I think my first thoughts were more accurate! Avoid!!

compumac 17:15 11 Oct 2008

There is an entry on Amazon for Photoshop SC3 Extended for £79??????

compumac 21:44 11 Oct 2008

Does anyone know where a legitimate/legal copy of CS3 Extended can be otbtained at a price that can be regarded as affordable. Amazon show it for £79, but it is difficult to establish if it is the FULL programme with no exceptions, at that price it seems too cheap. Prices elsewhere go through the roof. Or is there anyone out there who has ordered CS4 and will have CS3 surplus to requirements?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017