Eudora Mail Client in WiFi zones

jayatissa 12:57 06 Jun 2010

I use Eudora 7.1 as my mail client. It is fine and I like it. It works well in my home environment with WiFi or Wired connection. But wen I logged on to other Networks trough WiFi in my office environment or any other it does not work. In such situations the internet explorer works well but Eudora does not establish the connection with its mail server. The service provider is Sri Lanka Telecom and their web mail system works eventhough the Eudora is not connectiong as I explained. I get this problem When I connect through server systems too. Any suggestions to get away with this is appreciated.

Sea Urchin 15:06 06 Jun 2010

Is Sri Lanka Telecom the ISP both when you are at home and in the office? If not then you will need to change the server settings to reflect the different ISP

click here

jayatissa 18:36 06 Jun 2010

Yes. When I go to office I have to right click the Proxy option and enter the proxy server details to go to internet. But still Eudora does not work. In additon to that it does not work in public places like airports though the internet connection is established and working with no problem. Any suggestion to this, Se Urchin Thank you for your quarry.

Sea Urchin 18:42 06 Jun 2010

Yes, you have the proxy option working to reach the Internet - but you must also change the server settings in Eudora to access your email.

jayatissa 01:29 07 Jun 2010

I could not find the location to change the server settings in Eudora. Please advice in this regard. Thanks.

Sea Urchin 11:23 07 Jun 2010

On my previous link - Mail Server (incoming) and SMTP Server (outgoing).

jayatissa 14:05 07 Jun 2010

Sorry I did not see it. Thankyou. I will try and let you know.

jayatissa 14:27 07 Jun 2010

Those fields were already filled. they were needed to connect to the mail server even through a wired connection and my home wireless connection. Problem comes when I try to connect to mail server through an alternative Wireless conconnection.

Sea Urchin 14:31 07 Jun 2010

That is the point - they work for your home connection. But when you are not at home you will have to change the settings to those of your office connection.

jayatissa 15:14 07 Jun 2010

Thank you. That means I have to find the details relavant to Office connection. Because that connection is through a proxy server. I know the details of the proxy and could connect ot internet without any problem when I enter the details of the proxy. But I was not aware that it needs to change the server particulars of the Eudora too. Thank you. i will find those details from the net administrator.

Sea Urchin 16:08 07 Jun 2010

Remember to keep a note of the present settings for when you get home again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017