Eudora … does it work with broadband?

Mr. Chips 18:33 04 Sep 2004

I have Eudora Email v6.1.2 rather than Bill Gate’s software. Running it alongside Mozilla and IE6 on an XP home machine.

I find that every time Eudora does an auto look over my broadband for new mail, I lose control of the keyboard. I can be happily typing away writing a new email, but when Eudora auto-accesses the In Box, the key presses just don’t register. Once the check for mail has completed, I need to mouse-click in the compose pane to start again.
This is most annoying … so I compose in Notepad and cut and paste into Eudora.

Has anyone else had this problem please. I have asked Eudora for a solution but they have, so far, ignored my emails.

It's Me 20:33 04 Sep 2004

To answer your first question. Yes it does with no problems at all, but then I don't have mine set up to auto check for Emails.

Your main question, however suggests to me, that if it was me, I'd start uninstalling Eudora and then reinstalling it.

I am surprised that you are not getting a response from Eudora, when I needed help they were remarkably good.

hellred 21:56 07 Sep 2004

Add extra memmory that will solve that problem !!

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:07 07 Sep 2004

I am forced to use Eudora pro on BB occasionally, although I find Outlook to be much better and streets ahead. Removing and re-installing would be your best option. (natch, backing up all data etc.)

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone