eTrust 90 day trial - day 150!

six-h 16:22 14 Sep 2007

My PC when new in Feb 2004, came with a trial for the above.
after one year, it began to try and phone home - unsucessfully, as I had, until mid April this year, not been internet connected.
I presume that the trial "clock" would have started as soon as it sucessfully touched base (mid April 2007),however, it continues to phone home, and I have checked that the vet engine update is infact current, so it is still receiving updated signatures daily, and the "Realtime" monitor icon still appears in the sys. tray.
I have AVG antivirus waiting in the wings, for when it eventually pops its clogs, but has anybody else experienced this?

Dipso 16:29 14 Sep 2007

I deleted it straight away and installed AVG Free as I had no intention of paying after the 90 days...perhaps I shouldn't have been so hasty!

Currently running a 6 months trial of Kaspersky Internet Suite 7,(plus 1 extra month if you're crafty), if the eTrust does run out I'll send you the details.

six-h 16:35 14 Sep 2007

I've heard that some of these security suites are quite resource hungry, and the last thing I need at the moment is a slower computer!
Have you found this, even though you are running something more exotic than my humble machine!

Dipso 17:27 14 Sep 2007

I am also running it on the same machine as yours and don't find it slows things down, I did up the RAM to 1 Gig from the supplied 512MB though....to be honest my new "beast" seems slower than the old one in some respects.

six-h 17:36 14 Sep 2007

since my PC also has 1Gb, (courtesy of Medion as reparation for early teething problems)..:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?