Ethernet plugs help

Shutt1e 22:01 14 Jul 2006

Can u plug these ethernet plugs into the back of your computer as i have a usb modem

sean-278262 22:03 14 Jul 2006

What ethernet plugs? The ethernet plugs can go in the computer but you can just use the USB if you want. No need to plug both in.

Shutt1e 22:08 14 Jul 2006

no ther are these like mains plugs thta you plug into the mains sockets into your house and they send internet through the mains i was wondering if you can plug the ethernet cable from the plug into the back of my computer as i have heard you plug it into the router

skidzy 07:16 15 Jul 2006

Shutt1e... Myself and Creature of the Nite are a little confused with your question,maybe im not reading correctly ?

Are you trying to set up a wireless network via the router ?

If so,once you have done this....disconnect the ethernet rj45 as this is no longer needed,if im correct in what you are trying to do..and you are having problems....i suggest you start a thread in NETWORKING ..there you will receive the best help PCA has to offer.

The Rj45 ethernet cable is plugged into the router and pc to help you set up the wireless network,once set up,remove the rj45 ethernet cable.

Hope im understanding this correctly Lol :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017