Ethernet Issue

ah1802 17:59 19 Feb 2008

Hey i own a Netgear DG834N I currently have 3 laptops connected to it wireless and one desktop connected wireless, I have a computer on the top floor of my house which I want to connect to the router via Ethernet, I have bought a Straight through Ethernet cable and have connected it up to the router and to the computer. But when i look on the computer it says no network cable connected i have even tried plugging it in to the back of my laptop and still the same result so i know it isn’t the computer. The cable is brand new bought from Maplins, is there a setting i need to activate on the router to enable the Ethernet networking??
Thanking you
Adam Huxtable

brundle 19:08 19 Feb 2008

Tried other ports on your router in case the pins are damaged? Tried other cables with the non-working port?

dms05 19:19 19 Feb 2008

The router ports will be active. Try them all. The problem may be the LAN adaptor in the computers - are they enabled? Check in Netwrok Connections. If they are enabled it seems the LAN cable may be faulty. The best check is to swap yours onto a system you know to be working, or take a cable that's known to be OK and try that between your router and PC.

ambra4 20:07 19 Feb 2008

You have to set up the lan card and the network system

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?