Ethernet hub to share broadband

Redlegends 20:37 16 Nov 2006

I have a computer connected to NTL Broadband and via an ethernet 4-port hub and then another ethernet cable going from the hub to the other computer.

When i check the second computer, it says it as limited or no connectivity. The main computer is fine and the internet works.

Any help?

Ex plorer 21:24 16 Nov 2006

Hi trying to think back when i connected up 4 PCs, as far as i can rember i had to copy files from the first Pc onto a floppy disc, and load them onto the next PC and so on.
click here

Redlegends 21:45 16 Nov 2006

but on the 2nd computer to share the broadband it as limited connectivity.

I ran the set up a smal network from the XP disc on both computeres but can't figure out the limited connectivity.

Vangeliska 21:49 16 Nov 2006

Try right clicking on the icon in the Sys Tray, it should give the option to repair, might work.

Redlegends 21:54 16 Nov 2006

but it's no good. I have also tried to release and renew it from a cmd prompt

Ex plorer 22:56 16 Nov 2006

Is the networking on board, or card ok, any chance of swapping cards around, or cables just to test.

terryf 23:03 16 Nov 2006

Is your set-up modem to telephone socket, hub to modem, 2 PC's to hub? I shave router instead of hub and I set up on one computer and it made a floppy which I then put into the other computer, I don't remember the exact details but try click on desktop and press F1 and search for the answer.

terryf 23:04 16 Nov 2006

Sorry, fingers not following brain, shave should be have

Strawballs 23:08 16 Nov 2006

What operating systems are the 2 machines running

Ex plorer 23:37 16 Nov 2006

This may be of intrest
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?