ethernet driver missing

ABI2GAIL 10:28 21 Jul 2009

My computer says the ethernet driver is missing. Ive re installed the original motherboard disk without success.The motherboard is an asusP5PE-VM but cant find out the name of the ethernet controller!Can anyone please help?

howard64 10:56 21 Jul 2009

is it the built in ethernet port or a pci card? If a card open the case and take details from it. If on the mobo run the disk again and choose utilities from the menu.

birdface 11:03 21 Jul 2009

Or try switching off the modem for 10 seconds then switch it back on and see if it works or not.

ABI2GAIL 11:11 21 Jul 2009

it is not a card so will try running the disk again. I have a router and have tried it with and without, un plugged and plugged it on numerous occasions without success.thanks

ABI2GAIL 11:23 21 Jul 2009

Ran the disk again and no joy!

ambra4 11:30 21 Jul 2009

Download the updated Lan card driver for the P5PE-VM motherboard

click here

howard64 12:24 21 Jul 2009

if the driver has hidden itself you sometimes are unable to reinstall. right click my computer - properties - hardware - device manager - network adapters - click on plus sign - highlight your adapter then right click and update driver. If asked where point to mobo disk. Should your adapter not be shown click on view show hidden devices. If it cannot update driver you may have to click on uninstall then reboot and with luck it will be found and installed.

bluto1 19:30 21 Jul 2009

Try Start>Control panel>System click on Hardward tab \nd open Device Manager. Look for Natwork Adaptors and click on it. You should get the number there. 'Luck.

ABI2GAIL 18:02 22 Jul 2009

Ok. so i looked in network adapters and found
marvel yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI gigabit ethernet controller - packet scheduler miniport
and the same with #2.Both of these say theyare working ok!
Then under other devices a yellow questionmark under other devices , ethernet controller, which says not drivers installed code 28!!
Can anyone help me make sense of it please.

bluto1 19:04 22 Jul 2009

Now type "Drivermax" into your search engine and download it. (This is exactly how I was told to do it.)Run D/M and it will come up with all your drivers, especially the Ethernet driver update. Install it and hopefully your problems are solved. You can check back to Device Manager and find the yellow question mark gone, I hope.

birdface 20:09 22 Jul 2009

DriverMax will only let you download 1 or 2 drivers a day now.Its ok if you only need a couple but a nuisance if you need any more.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?