ethernet device driver

Super Frankie Lamps 19:03 09 Jul 2007

my son has a dell dimension 5150 that he has just hardwire connected up to a belkin router. Unfortunately, even though the dell can see it, it appears that we have no driver installed for the ethernet controller, therefore we cannot enable said controller. I have already tried deleting the controller and restarting the pc, but again, although new harware was detected no drivers were installed. i do have a set of dell disks but again nothing was found.

If someone could help me to find the right driver i would appreciate it, and also the instructions on how to put it onto a usb memory stick and how to transfer it to my boy's pc and install it ..........

i know i'm not asking much !!!

but thanks anyway.

paul€ 19:11 09 Jul 2007

The driver is click here
from dell.

have you been to device manager to see if the lan setting has a yellow asterisk next to it? have you been to network connections to enable the local area network ( LAN ).

paul€ 19:12 09 Jul 2007

" and also the instructions on how to put it onto a usb memory stick and how to transfer it to my boy's pc and install it .........."

I take it you are trying to setup a network router. What is the make and model of the router?

umbongo(uk) 19:30 09 Jul 2007

do a router check
open the internet browser and type in your belkin acces url code
will look like this in the manual
http://

then add your details to connect to the internet

the earthnet device should already be loaded as its on the dell discs/dell partion so whenever you remove it like you do it just retrieves it off the dell partition
if not use link above in paul post to install it

to place file on a usb stick just drag and drop the file on the usb sticks name ie drive D in my computer
or right click the folder to be copied and tell it to send to drive D or whatever the stick shows up as

Super Frankie Lamps 19:47 09 Jul 2007

thanks a lot mate. that was as easy as i could have hoped for. all up and running and one happy boy.

cheers

paul€ 19:52 09 Jul 2007

Thats good.

What about the usb stick. Is it for setting up a router/internet or just for transfering files?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?