ethernet converter

  daviemcc1 13:18 09 Sep 2009

i have an old packard bell pc my internet provider company sent me a new modem it has an ethernet cable. my pc has not got an ethernet port on the back of it. is there a cable i can but with an ethernet port and a usb port at the other end? cheers Davie.

  GaT7 13:39 09 Sep 2009

If it's a wireless-enabled modem (most are) & your PC has a free USB slot, you can use a USB wireless LAN adapter like this (£8) click here. With this, there's no need of plugging any cables in.

Otherwise you can fit a PCI LAN card - these are cheaply available from various places for £5-10 (or even lower on eBay) - e.g. click here & click here - choose Super Saver delivery to keep costs down.

They do indeed do a USB to LAN adapter (e.g. click here), but I'm not sure how reliable they are. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?