Ethernet controller not functioning

woofwoofbark 23:33 09 Oct 2010

I let my cousin borrow my very basic spare computer, the comp is a few years old ....

I had to reinstall windows xp and that went fine , but when we connected the router ( o2 broadband ) it wont show up on network connections.

The ethernet controller shows up on device manager with a yellow question mark and say drivers are not installed but i do not have the motherboards driver cd.

The motherboard is a Packard Bell Challenger ... more info from here click here

any advice is most welcome.

thanks

daviecooper

northumbria61 23:43 09 Oct 2010

You should be able to download a driver from here click here - just select your options.

woofwoofbark 00:13 10 Oct 2010

Thanks for that , I cant see the motherboard model on the dropdown list.

I know its an i-media P6IWF , from here click here under 370 Motherboards.

I have searched packard bell and google for Packard Bell Challenger P6IWF but I'm not having much luck so far

onthelimit 09:19 10 Oct 2010

You could try the free version of Drivermax click here. I've used it in the past for missing drivers. If all else fails, I'd buy an ethernet card to plug in. Only cost you a few quid click here#

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:40 10 Oct 2010

click here download and run siw on the machine and find out what chip set it has then you can find the drivers.

P6Iwf searches only ring up BIOS downloads.

woofwoofbark 08:32 24 Oct 2010

Just to let you know that I purchased a Pluscom Fast Ethernet Adapter pci card for £2:80 from ebay and I'm now connected to the internet, thanks for your replies!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?