Ethernet cable

  Schopenhauer 11:32 09 Feb 2010

Pardon my ignorance. Is a UTP Patch cable what I would call an Ethernet cable?

  MAJ 11:43 09 Feb 2010

Yes, but make sure you don't get a "Crossover Cable" which can also be described as a Patch cable, if it's only an ordinary ethernet cable that you need.

  MAJ 11:48 09 Feb 2010

Hang on... what's it for?

  retep888 12:06 09 Feb 2010

If you mean cable for networking(RJ45)then a google search for the differenece of UTP & STP cable click here

I've both types of cables in my system ,can't tell the difference yet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?