ethernet

lakeman 11:35 12 Jan 2009

hi all. ive just set up virgin media broadband up on my pc for the first time..it appears that my network hardware has a problem ie yellow ! in device manager.its onboard so would a simple solution be to install a new card and disable the onboard.

birdface 11:40 12 Jan 2009

If your computer is on switch your modem of for 10 seconds and then on again and see if that works.

birdface 11:44 12 Jan 2009

I should have added that you usually do not need to use any installation discs if using the Ethernet connection it should connect automatically.And usually switching the modem off and on should work.

lakeman 11:47 12 Jan 2009

yes ive tried that.ive reinstalled all related drivers with no change.virgin say the solution may be to disable onboard then fit a new ethernet card as i was already aware. so if thats the only option i may go that way.got the inrternet on my ps3 at the moment but obviously not ideal..thanks

birdface 11:57 12 Jan 2009

Sorry it was of no help I have an old computer and it worked ok on mine.Maybe have a look at Driver Max and see if it finds any problems.click here I will leave it for someone else to give you the advice that you need.I was only filling in until someone could help.

ambra4 12:07 12 Jan 2009

In device manager right click on the Lan card and see if it will update the driver

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?