eTec PTI-845 NAT, firewall, port forwarding

NattyFido 19:46 04 Jul 2006

I have a eTec PTI-845 DSL modem/router and I'm connected to Wanadoo/Orange Broadband. I have been through all the options in the modem and have set up port forwarding on all the ports I need to play my favourite games, even though most of them worked okay without port forwarding. I would like to host games, which is why I set up port forwarding. I still cannot host games, and I cannot play CFS 1 online at all. Someone on GameSpy said I should set up IP Passthrough as well, but I cannot find any mention of it in the modems options. Is it possible that it could be called something else. I don't really want to use DMZ. The manual that came with the modem only gives basic info to get connected, and the CD manual doesn't mention IP passthrough. I believe I have a static IP, but how do I check, restart the modem? The games I want to play and host are:
Toca Race Driver 2 - can play, can't host
CFS 1 - can't play or host
Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy - can play, can't host
Please can someone give me some advice?
Thank you.

NattyFido 02:04 12 Jul 2006

But it still doesn't work for CFS1 and Jedi Knight.
I have managed to host games on ToCA 2, I had missed one of the ports that GameSpy needs.
Does anyone know what ports CFS 1 needs and also Jedi Knight?
I have disabled DMZ again because this is my main PC and I don't want to leave it open to attack.
I am sure that I have a static IP, as it hasn't changed, even when I turned the modem/router off for five minutes.

NattyFido 19:33 20 Jul 2006

bump

ade.h 20:02 20 Jul 2006

I think that it's safe to say that none of us know the answer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires