A+ Essentials Study Tips Please

iqs 17:22 23 Jul 2008

Hi All,

I'm due to the start to the A+ Essentials course in September.I have a vast selection of books and of course many E-Books.

Can anyone who has passed the A+ Essentials offer any tips and advice for studying please.Or any general tips and advice.

I think I trying to digest to much at a time.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,IQS

Pamy 17:30 23 Jul 2008

Are you studying at home, or at a school, tutor led?

iqs 18:24 23 Jul 2008

Pamy,

At the moment I am studying at home in preparation for the course in September.
The course is be held at my local college.It is 3 hours a week over 10 weeks.
There will be course work and documentation from each session.

I have already passed the 3 college exams(NCFE modules 1,2&3)they require before you can enroll for the A+.

I would just like to increase my knowledge of all things PC,before September .

Thank you Pamy.

iqs 18:26 23 Jul 2008

Should be..
The course is being held at my local college.

Pamy 18:39 23 Jul 2008

"I have a vast selection of books and of course many E-Books."

In 2004/5 this was the "Bible"

• Table of Contents
• Index
• Examples
Absolute Beginner's Guide to A+ Certification
By Mark Edward Soper

Publisher : Que
Pub Date : February 19, 2004
ISBN : 0-7897-3062-6
Pages : 888

Passing a test is one thing...mastering the field is another, and this book is the first step to mastering the world of PC hardware and operating systems. Mark Edward Soper not only shows you what you need to pass the tests, but also what you need to have an edge on the competition, on exam day and in the workplace. Each chapter takes a ground-up approach, starting with the essentials and gradually building to larger, more complex concepts. The book is loaded with informative illustrations, photos and screen captures that help you follow along, even if you don't have all the hardware at home.

The CD accompanying the book provides study resources, including a PrepLogic test engine, lab exercises, and study notes. The book also offers a handy objectives index that maps each test objective to the section of the book in which it is covered. This invaluable - and overlooked by competitors - tool helps you to be certain that you are ready for test day!
we were advised then to have another computer for experimental work and had to know about Win 98,2000 XP

iqs 18:49 23 Jul 2008

Pamy,

The book you mention is available from Amazon,will be placing an order shortly.

Like I said I have many books,each approaches the various areas in different styles.Some easy,some not so easy,some in great detail,others just the basics.
Its just where do you start,and like I asked ,how to you digest all the information. There's just so much...

Thanks for your help Pamy

Pamy 18:51 23 Jul 2008

You tutor, will be the one to help you in September

iqs 22:56 23 Jul 2008

sorry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?