Eset & A Squared

Input Overload 07:46 18 Feb 2010

Is anyone else having an occasional flag from Eset when A2 full version loads. It's a system 32 file that A2 produces that's causing the problem. I've reinstalled A2 with the latest version.

And not much help on the Wilders forum. For now I've disabled background scanning of A2. I don't want to filter it out as this file can be used for malicious purposes.

Andsome 07:51 18 Feb 2010

Quite honestly I got fed up with problems with A squared some time ago and got rid of it. I use Nod 32 security suite, and only use SUPERAntiSpyware in addition about once every week.

Input Overload 07:52 18 Feb 2010

Sorry I forgot to add the file name:

18/02/2010 07:51:18 Real-time file system protection file C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\mchInjDrv.sys Win32/MCH potentially unsafe application unable to clean NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Program Files\a-squared Anti-Malware\a2service.exe.

Input Overload 07:55 18 Feb 2010

Andsome, I agree, A2 it finds/causes more FP's than all the other anti-malware put together.

birdface 08:22 18 Feb 2010

Make sure that you have no quarantined objects in A squared if so remove them.
Maybe download Malwarebytes free version update it and run it in safe mode.
It looks like a false positive with Eset.
maybe untick hidden files before running the scan.

Input Overload 08:30 18 Feb 2010

I have Malwarebytes on & it finds no problems, it seems that it's a 'potential problem' & I have this ticked in Eset. Eset say either filter it out or un-tick 'potential unsafe programs'. As I don't want to do that I think I'll do as Andsome & ditch A2. Mailed A2 & no reply from them. I'll tick as resolved, thanks all.

Input Overload 16:37 18 Feb 2010

Tinkered with Eset & now A2 & Eset reside together without issue. Thanks for the input folks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017