ESET Advert

chochi 20:10 16 Feb 2010

Its been a couple of weeks since I've been on the site. Can anyone explain the idea behind the ESET moving advertisement down each side of the page and how can I get rid of it. It's making me feel quite dizzy as I browse through the questions and answers.

Technotiger 20:58 16 Feb 2010

If you are using Firefox, this is a great ad blocker click here

chochi 21:57 16 Feb 2010

Sorry ticked box before clicking "post response"
I have downloaded it and it's worked brilliantly. Will now be able to spend some time browsing this great site which has always [well nearly always] solved my problems,without feeling dizzy. Thank you Technotiger.

Technotiger 21:59 16 Feb 2010

Grreat, thanks for your feedback.

Graham. 22:49 16 Feb 2010

Thanks from me, too.

chochi 23:31 16 Feb 2010

My original posting was for my Laptop which runs Vista Home Premium, and as I said it works fine. I am now trying to run it on my PC running XP and cant get it to work. When I right click on the banner it does not show the Adblock option. Is this Addon only for Vista? And is there another way round this?

Graham. 23:59 16 Feb 2010

It's only for Firefox.

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:06 17 Feb 2010

Modern life is such a trial.

G

Technotiger 08:28 17 Feb 2010

I too am running XP, so you should not be having difficulties with the Ad Blocker Program on your PC.

Graham - my pleasure ... TT

Technotiger 08:34 17 Feb 2010

I also use this Firefox add-on, it stops the scrolling-across-the-screen ticker-tape type of Ads ...

click here

chochi 09:53 17 Feb 2010

I uninstalled and re-installed this morning, but still not working. When I right click on banner,I get zoom, play wind etc and "About Adobe Flash Player 10". No sign of Adblock option. I must have missed something somewhere!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017