eScan shortcut

Meshuga 22:14 04 Oct 2004

After accidentally removing eScan AV I have downloaded it again but cannot get a shortcut Icon on the desktop so cannot run it when I want to. I can run it when it is first downloaded but after I exit it is then nowhere to be found. Any sugestions please. Meshuga,

stalion 22:16 04 Oct 2004

where are you downloading it to it is a zip file?

woodchip 22:19 04 Oct 2004

Go into Explorer, it may be in Program files, "right click the eSCAN .exe file and drag to the start button" then let go it should then make a shortcut in the startup

Meshuga 22:26 04 Oct 2004

it does not give me the option of where to download it to. I click on one of the 7 links given and it just asks Do I want to run it or not. I click Run and the prog opens and I click on clean scan and it does and then tells me if anything has been found and the number of files scanned.So even if its a zip file, which it gave no indication of being, it must have opened. The original time I had downloaded it before accidentally removing it I had a shortcut. Meshuga.

stalion 22:32 04 Oct 2004

something is not right then because I have never known this to open on the site,only to download

VoG II 22:34 04 Oct 2004

Don't click Run. Click Save.

Meshuga 22:35 04 Oct 2004

How do I find prog files in explorer. Do you mean in internet explorer because I cant find prog files there. Meshuga.

stalion 22:37 04 Oct 2004

try this for downloading
click here

Meshuga 22:39 04 Oct 2004

Thanks VoG will do as you suggest but will do it tomorrow as very tired and off to bed. Will post back. Meshuga.

woodchip 22:39 04 Oct 2004

If you XP or 98 right click start button choose explorer look for Program Files Folder then look for the program you installed. other wise do a search for the program and drag a shortcut from the .exe file

Meshuga 22:49 04 Oct 2004

decided I had to sort it out tonight. Did it as you suggested and saved it to desktop and all is now well. NOW i`m going to bed. Goodnight all. Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017