ERRORS IN SYSTEM REGISTRY

anderson1967 13:56 14 Feb 2008

It all started with me taking out my panda antivirus as i got the 2008 version so i unenstalled the old panda and restarted my p.c and used my registry mechanic software to get rid of anything left over.when i restarted the p.c i got the warning detailed below

during a scan of files at startup, potential
errors in the system registry were found
p-07-0100 if sysver 0xff00024
NT-kernelerror 1256
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

also dont know if its related but my dvd
rom drive is not detected and i have went
into bios to see what i could do there but
nothing seems to have worked.so wont be able to put on the new antivirus software now either.

have tried trend micro housecall and its found viruses and malware and greyware but is unable to help get rid of so dont know what to do hope someone can help.

woodchip 13:59 14 Feb 2008

If you can get into Windows Safe Mode try restoring the Computer with System Restore to before your changes

anderson1967 14:05 14 Feb 2008

ok will try that be back on and let you know what happens.

anderson1967 18:48 14 Feb 2008

i went into safe mode and did system restore.Which sorted the errors in registry.I now have the problem of my dvd rom drive i went into device manager and there is a yellow exclamation mark on it so i tried to update driver but that failed so i then removed it and restarted the pc and tried to install it again it failed again so i did the troubleshooter which ended up saying i had to go check windows update to see if there was a driver there it could use.So in windows update after it scaned my pc said i needed 7 priority updates and i went to install them but they all failed i tried several times and the results are the same everytime here are the results below

A problem on your computer is preventing updates from being downloaded or installed
Solution: To fix the problem, try installing the updates again. If that doesn't work, use the Troubleshooter to try solve the problem.

Microsoft Windows XP
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB928366)
Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181)
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806)
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB944533)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB946026)
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - February 2008 (KB890830)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB943055)

hope someone can help

anderson1967 18:49 14 Feb 2008

i went into safe mode and did system restore.Which sorted the errors in registry.I now have the problem of my dvd rom drive i went into device manager and there is a yellow exclamation mark on it so i tried to update driver but that failed so i then removed it and restarted the pc and tried to install it again it failed again so i did the troubleshooter which ended up saying i had to go check windows update to see if there was a driver there it could use.So in windows update after it scaned my pc said i needed 7 priority updates and i went to install them but they all failed i tried several times and the results are the same everytime here are the results below

A problem on your computer is preventing updates from being downloaded or installed
Solution: To fix the problem, try installing the updates again. If that doesn't work, use the Troubleshooter to try solve the problem.

Microsoft Windows XP
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB928366)
Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181)
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806)
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB944533)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB946026)
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - February 2008 (KB890830)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB943055)

hope someone can help

skidzy 19:08 14 Feb 2008

Reinstall the MS Installer and try the updates again click here

If your dvd drive still does not work after this,come back to us.

anderson1967 22:15 14 Feb 2008

sorry the errors in my registry are back and my updates will still not install even after the ms installer.i cant do system restore again as there are no more restore points.When i was on the microsoft website the popups started again about 50 or so windows popping up untill the computer could take no more im sure i must have a virus that is stopping me updating my pc.any suggestions please.

anderson1967 14:59 15 Feb 2008

hello there back on today hope someone can help me with my problem today

crosstrainer 15:23 15 Feb 2008

This:

click here

Run this and see if it clears your problems. If not you may have to consider a re-install of Windows

anderson1967 23:14 15 Feb 2008

No sorry tried your link and im still having same problems is there anything else i can try before i have to reinstall windows as i am very keen to avoid this.As you know my dvd rom drive is not detected which means all my documents and pictures cant be backed up on cd.Also when i went into safe mode my dvd rome drive is detected there is there a way of going into safe mode and putting my virus software on there as im sure i must have viruses and this is the reason for all my trouble with the pc could someone advise as soon as possible as im keen to go to bed by midnight as i have a young baby.

crosstrainer 06:49 16 Feb 2008

Run your anti-virus software in safe mode. Try that, and run Regseeker in safe mode as well.

If that won't fix your issues then you can perform a repair install which will leave your documents and programmes intact.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?