Errors logged to Java console.....?

Diemmess 09:31 15 Sep 2007

One of many BB speed measuring programs is InternetFrog. click here
There are others but for me this frog has croaked.
The usual screen develops, but Download speeds are not measured, the pull-out shows ???
Upload speeds do show, but the figure is far less than the real figure.

Waving the mouse produces a pop-up which says
"Errors logged to Java console" -I have no idea what or where Java console is.

Have been to the Sun Java site, have been told I'm up to date, so used Windows Add/Remove to clear Java from my XP system.
Rebooted and downloaded Java 6 update 2..... The Frog will still roll his eyes but is useless.

Any ideas please?

birdface 09:48 15 Sep 2007

Hi something of the same sort of problem,When using my speed test on IE7 I get a notice flash blocked,And another to click here to restore flash press that and it works.Now I use IE7Pro and that blocks flash objects,maybe you have Flash blocked on Spywareblaster or somewhere like that.

birdface 09:54 15 Sep 2007

click here Your click here worked ok for me,But no croak.Try this one.

birdface 09:57 15 Sep 2007
  Diemmess 11:06 15 Sep 2007

Trouble is....
I'm not so bothered by the fact the Frog site doesn't work for me, it's an isolated case.

I suppose it is WHY, that bothers me!
Your helpful Java link poses me more problems when I approach via Control Panel things are not as described.
The icon is called Java, (no sign of Java Plug-in) and cannot find BASIC to click on!

Much too nice a day and the gardener wife is huffy that I am not oustide doing her bidding.

birdface 11:15 15 Sep 2007

Yes mine was the same on control panel,I think you have to go into advanced,Java Console. Mine is set to hide console.But really I don't know what it should be set to.Maybe someone else may help with the proper settings.Now I know how to sort out your other problem,Send the gardener Wife on Holiday. And put your feet up and a Nice Brandy always helps,Ahh thats the life.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?