Error in windows XP prof

Infamous 15:31 08 Apr 2003

I just had a wierd error in windows Xp, I was playing a game online then it jumped out with a stop error, Could not read wot it was because it was half way up the screen!. Then i looked in the event viewer it says W32Time error? wot does these refer to? I basicly installed a new Stick of RAM from Crucial today. I had a problem with the last stick this is the new stick they gave me. The last stick started lockin up and causing stop errors!, This stick seems to be ok. I did a test wityh a Mem Doc with all the burn in tests. Seems to be ok. Anybody got any ideas?

2100+ AMD XP
256 x2 pc2700
ATI 9000 pro 128 ddr (Evil commando)
Gigabyte GA-7VAXP kt400
120 GIG WD 8 meg cache
Audigy live drive

Anybody got any ideas?

Infamous 16:41 08 Apr 2003

Just got another stop error

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

EIOKX2K.SYS

Trying to find this file it happends when i play battlefield 1942 Could it be due to the display driver i have?

Anybody help??

Infamous 17:48 08 Apr 2003

Somebody please help me? Basicly ive worked out that if i take any Ram stick it out it works fine i tried the game it was gettin a stop error!, Basicly it wont run correctly with 2 sticks in there i have tried em 1 at a time they are fine. Together they cause stop errors? They are both same Sticks Same make Crucial!

Anybody please help!!!

VoG™ 17:56 08 Apr 2003

These MSKB articles describe similar symptoms click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

Infamous 18:06 08 Apr 2003

hmmm having a read but i dont have raid or a firewall. But it is very weird that when there is only 1 stick of 256 DDR it runs ok. Then if u install 2 at the same time it causes a stop error!
Dont know wot to do!

misery 20:01 08 Apr 2003

question, but are the two sticks in adjacent slots? Doyou have three slots, if so try 2 & 3 instead of 1 & 2. I did have a similar problem with an Abit board some time ago.

Infamous 00:32 09 Apr 2003

yes i have 3 slots, i will give it a go and see wot happends! cheers for the info!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires