error when using Acronis True Image

hssutton 18:37 29 May 2009

When attempting to clone my "C" drive to newly formatted second drive, I get the following error message.

Failed to run the Task. Error #1314. A required privilege is not held by the client (0xFFF0)

Technotiger 18:49 29 May 2009

Did you set a Password within Acronis to make the clone? If so, it is different than your Windows password - always best not to set a password when using Acronis. I never use a password in Acronis.

You can edit the scheduled task ("Edit the selected task" button on the Active Task panel) and set the correct password, or perhaps remove the password altogether. You can find more information on how to edit scheduled tasks in Chapter 8.2 "Managing scheduled tasks" in the Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server User's Guide (click here).

Bear in mind this is just a guess, I could be wrong.

hssutton 19:03 29 May 2009

Thanks for the quick response. I have not set passwords for Windows (Vista)or Acronis. Will have a look at your Link.

woodchip 22:41 29 May 2009

Create a Boot CD from Acronis or boot with the Supplied CD and run it from that, not in Windows

hssutton 01:17 30 May 2009

Problem resolved, I noticed that an update was available on Acronis for True Image Home 2009. This solved the problem.

Technotiger 08:03 30 May 2009

Grreat, thanks for your feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?