Error reports to microsoft

towunda 16:31 28 Apr 2005

Hi everyone. XP home. For the last couple of days I am constantly being ask to report a problem to microsoft. I recently installed norton internet security at the weekend, would it have anything to do with this?? Thanks for any help. T

spuds 17:15 28 Apr 2005

Norton tends to be a little thirsty on resources, so I would suspect that installing Norton as made a change to your previous configurations, hence microsoft wants to report a fault.

Do you have SP1 or SP2 installed, and what other security/protection are you running.

Norton have a very good knowledge base on their support website, with over 788 Microsoft FAQ's. Might be worth a look there.

Sorry that I cannot help further, but I usually ignore microsoft report notices.

towunda 17:45 28 Apr 2005

ermmm.. sp1 or sp2 ?? dunno! Im connected with aol think they run some security protection.

Buchan 35 17:59 28 Apr 2005

I suggest you install Spybot S&D,cLeaner, and AdAware, check each one for updates and run them. They`re malware removers. When you`ve done that install Belarc advisor and learn from it what you`re system is. At the moment I eel sure it`s SP1 unless you bought the PC in the recent past, in which case iy`ll be SP2. When you have a problem it helps the experts on the forum to know what you`ve got. I`m no expert.:-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie