Error in recording CD

Curio 11:35 21 Jan 2007

Win XP SP2. Yesterday all worked perfectly. Today, trying to transfer Audio tracks to CD using Deep Burner keep getting Error Message - Drive is not Ready. This is after the software recognises what is to be transferred to disc and processing all tracks. Have done the Anti-Virus, Spyware, Malware checks, all negative. SFC and CHKDSK also carried out - just in case. Reinstalled Deep Burner and the Drive as well. Tried via Windows Media Player also, but that tells me no disc in the drive. Drive is an NEC DVD/Cd R. Device Manager Drive is working correctly. Any offers on solving this one please?

SANTOS7 11:57 21 Jan 2007

The most common cause of this problem is simply trying to use the drive with no disk in it. It can also be caused by a problem with the drive itself or a bad disk.

Curio 12:36 21 Jan 2007

Can confirm that on each occasion a disc was in the Drive. Have tried two different makes of disk - same response. Used in Laptop, these discs burned perfectly.

Curio 14:12 21 Jan 2007

Make that 3 different makes of CDR tried

postie24 14:21 21 Jan 2007

Curio try this it has worked for a few forum members

1. Click on Start --> Run --> and type in 'regedit' followed by the enter key
2. Expand the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" key (looks like a folder) by double clicking it (or
3. clicking the "+" next to it.)
4. Expand the "SYSTEM" Key
5. Expand the "CurrentControlSet" Key
6. Expand the "Control" Key
7. Expand the "Class" Key
8. Please look for a key containing the following string of letter and numbers:
{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
9. High light this key by left clicking once on it
10. On the right hand side you are looking for "UpperFilters" and "LowerFilters" under the "Name" column, once you find these please delete them by right clicking on them and choosing "delete"
11. Please exit the registry by clicking on the "X" in the top right hand corner of the screen

Reboot pc

Postie24

Kingfisher 14:24 21 Jan 2007

Hi Curio try this
Try clearing out the upper and lower filters in registry.Create a restore point 1st,then follow these instructions. 1. Click on Start --> Run --> and type in 'regedit' followed by the enter key
2. Expand the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" key (looks like a folder) by double clicking it (or
3. clicking the "+" next to it.)
4. Expand the "SYSTEM" Key
5. Expand the "CurrentControlSet" Key
6. Expand the "Control" Key
7. Expand the "Class" Key
8. Please look for a key containing the following string of letter and numbers:
{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
9. High light this key by left clicking once on it
10. On the right hand side you are looking for "UpperFilters" and "LowerFilters" under the "Name" column, once you find these please delete them by right clicking on them and choosing "delete"
11. Please exit the registry by clicking on the "X" in the top right hand corner of the screen
then reboot
you might have to reinstall your optical drive and burning software, but try it first
Also can the drive read a cdrom/dvd and burn to a dvd if not then I suspect the laser may be faulty, which means a new drive
good luck

Kingfisher 14:26 21 Jan 2007

Hello postie 24 you beat me to it

postie24 14:37 21 Jan 2007

Hi kingfisher,only just tho

Postie24

Curio 15:27 21 Jan 2007

to both. Unfortunately no joy. Situation remains the same. Drive played a Commercial CD OK. Going to see if I can find new Driver. Already tried DeepBurn reinstall and reinstall of the Drive.

Curio 15:54 21 Jan 2007

Had a root round for new driver. Only found Firmware updates some years old. My PC is a 4 yr old Dell Dimension. That in itself causes problems as they have their own OEM version of the Drive with different requirements to the Retail version. Now considering a replacement Drive, unless someone comes up with the answer to my problem. In the meantime will burn disks on the Laptop.

Curio 18:22 22 Jan 2007

New Drive purchased

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?