error problems with windows XP

photobas1 10:18 05 Sep 2010

I had the virus called BACKDOOR TIDSERVE my spydoctor managed to remove them but I have a problem with explorer some really funny things happen, I was looking at a error programme from a company called ERRORTECK that fixes these problems on windows XP has anyone used them if so whats the results like or is this just another scam, or have you used another programme or how do i remove all the problems, your help is required and many thanks for it
David

Nontek 10:29 05 Sep 2010

I have not used Errortek, and having Goggled the name I would stay well clear of it - WOT gives most of Errortek sites danger warnings!

Download, install and update SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes (Google will give you download details). Then do scans with both programs - this should clear most, if not all,of the problems.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:43 05 Sep 2010

"I have a problem with explorer some really funny things happen"

what sort of things?

Perhaps you need to do a repair to replace any file spyware doctor has removed.

OPTION 1 - Repair XP by replacing corrupt files
Type

sfc /scannow

in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

sfc /scannow problems
click here

birdface 10:58 05 Sep 2010

If still having problems after trying all remedies you could try this.
It takes a while but they will make sure that you have a clean computer when finished.
If you would like to donate it is up to you.

click here

Just use this if all else fails.

photobas1 13:04 05 Sep 2010

Good job Fruit Bat looks like it has worked many many thanks for your help, have a great day

David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?