Error ox000000e

Davith 17:42 24 Nov 2011

Running windows 7 on two seperate disks. Recently my secondisk failed. Manufacturer replaced faulty disk. Refitted disk restored imagefile. now on reboot I have an entry requesting which system to load Windows 7 or windows 7 Restored. If left after a time the windows 7 boots up o.k. If I select windows 7 restored the error code shown above occurs with a message File: - \windows\system32\winload.exe Select entry could not be load because application is missing or corrupt!

Suggestions to repair with setup disk have not helped. Search of web suggest running varius repair progrms . How safe are these apps?winload.exe

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:17 24 Nov 2011
  1. First Load Windows RE from Windows 7 or Server 2008 R2
  2. Open Diskpart and make problem partition Active
  3. Open bcdedit and you should get something like this:

Windows Boot Loader

identifier {default} device unknown <===0xc000000e problem! path \Windows\system32\winload.exe description Windows Server 2008 R2 locale en-US inherit {bootloadersettings} recoverysequence {e0025536-b36d-11de-aadd-ddc0b5870e2c} recoveryenabled Yes osdevice unknown <===0xc000000e problem! systemroot \Windows resumeobject {e0025534-b36d-11de-aadd-ddc0b5870e2c} nx OptOut hypervisorlaunchtype Auto

1. Enter these commands:

bcdedit /set {Your-OS-Identifier} device partition=X: bcdedit /set {Your-OS-Identifier} osdevice partition=X: bcdedit

Where X: - drive letter with your problematic OS in Windows RE. You can find it by opening notepad and pressing save

1. Reboot
  Secret-Squirrel 19:49 24 Nov 2011

Hi

"now on reboot I have an entry requesting which system to load Windows 7 or windows 7 Restored. If left after a time the windows 7 boots up o.k."

You haven't explicitly said what you're trying to achieve but if you simply want to remove that options screen so Windows 7 boots normally then try this simple method:

Go to Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Startup & Recovery Settings. In the "System Startup" section untick the "Time to display list of operating systems" box. Because you've already confirmed that Windows eventually boots normally when you do nothing at that options screen, unticking that option will automatically load the correct Windows without prompting you.

Davith 14:04 25 Nov 2011

Thanks Secret-Squirrel that seems to have done the trick. How on earth do you find out about these settings?

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?