An Error Occured - Every Time!

Soulsnatcher 10:34 12 Sep 2009

Every single time I start up Vista on my laptop, I get this error message:

[img]click here[/img]

click here

It has happened everytime since I upgraded to vista a couple of years ago so its starting to wear my patience thin... Can you experts help?

Jak_1 11:04 12 Sep 2009

"It has happened everytime since I upgraded to vista a couple of years ago so its starting to wear my patience thin... Can you experts help?"

Has this problem been ongoing for 2 years? You may want to think about backing up all important data files, reinstall xp and then try upgrading again. What are the specs of your laptop?

chub_tor 11:11 12 Sep 2009

That looks like the update manager for Roxio products. If it is happening on booting up you can disable it by using Run, msconfig, Startup Tab and unticking the box Common SDK, Sonic Solutions.

Soulsnatcher 11:20 12 Sep 2009

Ok thanks I'll try that and let you know next restart.

Soulsnatcher 23:02 12 Sep 2009

Ok it hasn't solved the problem any other ideas?

Sea Urchin 23:38 12 Sep 2009

Are you saying that you unticked the box in the startup list and it hasn't worked - or are you saying that you couldn't find the listing?

And do you use Roxio products?

Soulsnatcher 00:19 13 Sep 2009

I unclicked the box (I did find it) and it still came up. I think I have Roxio stuff installed from when I got it, but as far as I'm aware I dont and never have actually used them.

Sea Urchin 00:33 13 Sep 2009

If you don't use the Roxio program you could go into Programs and Features, and uninstall Roxio. That could well solve the problem.

chub_tor 17:52 13 Sep 2009

So as Sea Urchin says and make sure that you uninstall Roxio Update Manager, that is the programme that is giving you the error message. If you want to keep the rest of Roxio (eg Creator) then just leave them installed

mfletch 18:14 13 Sep 2009

Have a look in the start-up and see if there is any programs you can stop from starting,

Like Roxio

Start>run}type in the box

msconfig

click OK or enter

Start-up tab

Sea Urchin 18:40 13 Sep 2009

Already tried yesterday :@)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?