error messasge--can't locate msnp32.dll

DIYgirl 18:52 18 Dec 2004

I have jsut subscribed to Wanadoo Broadband, and have today installed the software for it. The account isn't active yet, so I can't test it out: but since installing the software, I get the following error message appear in a dialogue box when I start up my computer:

"Windows Networking

Unable to load the dynamic link library:

msnp32.dll

The system cannot find the file specified. Some or all of the following feature is not available

Microsoft Network"

I click OK and after a while the dialogue box closes, and the machine boots up completely, but it does seem a bit more inclined to crash on me now.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the broadband software but that doesn't do anything.

Any ideas what I should do? Thanks!

VoG II 18:55 18 Dec 2004

You can download the file if you click here

stalion 19:00 18 Dec 2004

After downloading the file you need to put it in your windows system folder

DIYgirl 07:59 19 Dec 2004

Thanks for that--and for your really quick responses. But it's not helped. I got to the download site with no problems, and followed the links to the download for the file I need: but every time I try to download it I get an error message telling me that I have to left-click, not right-click, to get the download to work. Thing is, I AM left-clicking but for some reason this error message keeps appearing. Any suggestions?

DIYgirl 09:22 19 Dec 2004

Thanks to an emergency email from the lovely Vog, I have now got the dll file and all is sorted. Merry Christmas!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?