Error Messages

User-1BD6D3E1-0CC3-49F6-BF40FF97E4E996B4 21:17 03 Jan 2003

When I deleted my temporary internet folder I got a couple of error messages but I quickly just clicked on ok instead of reading them. I wished I had read them so I could find out what was wrong, is there a way I can go back and read the errors? I'm sure I read somewhere that the OS keeps a list of errors while the computer is on.

ellas 22:56 03 Jan 2003

what o/s,me keeps one in system information,tools,xp keeps one in help and suppport,advanced system info,tools,error log.

bvw in bristol 23:05 03 Jan 2003

Just delete the files, not the folder.

I have WinXP. I went to the error log page but the errors that occurred is not displayed in the list but have had around 50 errors. Most of the errors according to source are W32Time, some DHCP errors.

What is W32Time and DHCP?

Why would I have a couple of errors come up just for deleting temporary internet files?

Why was those two errors not displayed on the list?

What are files with .VXD? As I remember it was telling me about some file with that extension.

Does the refresh screen on the error list page clear the errors list?

I guess there is nothing I can do now anyway. The computer booted up this morning to send this so that's a good sign at anytime and if things seem to be running like normal I guess the system is running ok just curious why there was a couple of error pop ups when I deleted the temp internet files when it never happened before. Unless it's because there was a lot to delete around 70Mb.

bvw in bristol 14:11 04 Jan 2003

The time service has not been able to synchronize the system time for 49152 seconds because none of the time providers has been able to provide a usable time stamp. The system clock is unsynchronized.

W32 time messeage from my Event Viewer.

bvw in bristol 14:14 04 Jan 2003

DHCP.

Your computer has automatically configured the IP address for the Network Card with network address ***********. The IP address being used is ***********

DHCP message, I have 2 pc's networked.

Thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?