error message when logging in

rosie35 19:59 25 Jan 2012

Hi all

Logging into my desktop PC I got this error message, 'The system cannot log you in now because the domain YOUR D-65BBC6695 is not available'.

This is the first time getting this message.

Windows XP 3

IE 8

I have looked on the Microsoft website, but could not find anything! Is there anyway I can bypass this message and log in.

birdface 20:06 25 Jan 2012

Try starting in safe mode,(keep tapping F8 or F5 as the computer starts and choose last good configuration.See if that helps.

rosie35 20:11 25 Jan 2012

Thank you Buteman for getting back to me.

I have tried this, but it made no difference. I need to get into it because I have bought another computer and need to download data, pictures etc.

birdface 20:17 25 Jan 2012

Did it give you the option of signing in as the administrator in safe mode.If so try that.

If not it looks like you will have to wait for help from someone that knows how to get you restarted.

It would usually be a system repair which you would need the XP SP3 disc.

You can also take the hard drive out and run it in another computer but once more you need someone that can explain it better than myself.

rdave13 20:27 25 Jan 2012

Try this, when you get to the login screen, press the three keys CTRL+ALT+DELETE together twice. If you get a login user name box up then type administrator and leave the password box blank, then click OK.

rosie35 20:35 25 Jan 2012

Thanks Guys

first it did give me the option of signing in as admin, but I did put a PW in, so I will try without and let you both know.

Buteman, I know I could down this road but, that will be the absolute end. I have bought another comp and I have to think of the cost.

I can try things myself but not dismantle anything, I'm not that savy lol

rosie35 12:58 29 Jan 2012

I think I now have to pay out at computer shop, as I am getting nowhere. Shame as its a computer I have now replaced.

Thanks for your help.

Secret-Squirrel 13:09 29 Jan 2012

'The system cannot log you in now because the domain YOUR D-65BBC6695 is not available'

Rosie, is this is an XP Professional PC? If it is, then at the username and password screen, is there a "Log on To" section at the bottom of that window? If there is then click the arrow, choose "This computer", then try to login again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone