Error message when loading Adobe Elements 4 & Phot

buckler 13:37 15 Nov 2006

Since installing XP every time I launch Photoshop 7 or Elements 4 I get this error message popping up each time I click OK it comes up again next time I click OK the programmes start. The error message is as follows The Procedure Entry Point SMapLS_IP_EBP_20 could not be located in the dynamic link library Kernal32.dll. Has anyone had a similar problem and how do I stop it coming up?
Thanking you
Barry Close

Eric10 13:46 15 Nov 2006

I've found a few mentions on the Web but no real answer yet. It does appear that most people with the problem have upgraded WinXP from an earlier version of Windows rather than doing a clean install. Do you fall into this category?

€dstowe 13:48 15 Nov 2006

Do you have all updates, including SP2 installed for WXP?

buckler 17:56 24 Nov 2006

Yes I upgraded XP from 98 and yes I do have SP2 installed. Do you think that upgrading is causing my problems?

Pineman100 18:56 24 Nov 2006
  buckler 16:25 14 Feb 2007

In error I said it was Elements 4 when the version is 3. I managed to get rid of the error message in Photoshop 7 today by running the Compatibility wizard and choosing it to run on Windows 98 format that ran it before. Elements however only runs on XP so I am still getting the same old message as follows The following error message comes up when starting Photoshop Elements 3 I am using Windows XP with service pack 2. The procedure entry point SMapLS_IP_EBP_20 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll. It doesn't stop the programme running but I would just like to stop it popping up & having to click OK twice to run it.
Any suggestions.
Buckler

eedcam 17:58 14 Feb 2007

n case you dont check your other post
Copied from: support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q142/6/44.asp

Error Dialogs Naming "ReinitializeCriticalSection"
Some applications attempt to replace the URL.DLL file that ships with Windows NT. If the applications are successful, the replacement .DLL file may be an older version specific to the Windows 95 operating system. When any application attempts to initialize the replacement URL.DLL, the following error dialog will appear:

<font color=red>"The procedure entry point ReinitializeCriticalSection could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll." </font color=red>

This does not necessarily represent an error in the application you are launching when the dialog appears. Another unrelated application has most likely replaced the URL.DLL file. In most cases, you can click OK in the dialog box and your application will continue as expected.
To reinstall the correct URL.DLL file
NOTE: To prevent a file inconsistancy between the SP1 version and the Internet Explorer versions of the Url.dll file, remember to replace the Url.dll file with the Internet Explorer version.
In the %systemroot%\system32 folder, rename URL.DLL to URL.OLD.
Copy URL.DLL from the \i386 folder on the Windows NT compact disc to %systemroot%\system32 (substitute your platform folder for "i386" on RISC machines).
Reboot to initialize the copied URL.DLL.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?