Error message when loading Adobe Elements 3

buckler 16:12 14 Feb 2007

The following error message comes up when starting the above programme. The procedure entry point SMapLS_IP_EBP_20 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll. I click OK and then it comes up again, I then click OK and the programme then loads without problem.
I would like to get rid of the error message as it is a bother to have to click OK every time.
Any suggestions?
Cheers
Barry Close

eedcam 17:56 14 Feb 2007

This was in response to the same query with photoshop on google

Copied from: support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q142/6/44.asp

Error Dialogs Naming "ReinitializeCriticalSection"
Some applications attempt to replace the URL.DLL file that ships with Windows NT. If the applications are successful, the replacement .DLL file may be an older version specific to the Windows 95 operating system. When any application attempts to initialize the replacement URL.DLL, the following error dialog will appear:

<font color=red>"The procedure entry point ReinitializeCriticalSection could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll." </font color=red>

This does not necessarily represent an error in the application you are launching when the dialog appears. Another unrelated application has most likely replaced the URL.DLL file. In most cases, you can click OK in the dialog box and your application will continue as expected.
To reinstall the correct URL.DLL file
NOTE: To prevent a file inconsistancy between the SP1 version and the Internet Explorer versions of the Url.dll file, remember to replace the Url.dll file with the Internet Explorer version.
In the %systemroot%\system32 folder, rename URL.DLL to URL.OLD.
Copy URL.DLL from the \i386 folder on the Windows NT compact disc to %systemroot%\system32 (substitute your platform folder for "i386" on RISC machines).
Reboot to initialize the copied URL.DLL.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?