Error message on start up with Director Player ?

Daisy22 19:32 27 Aug 2010

Having just wiped and reinstalled on my son's laptop everything is now working ok except that I am getting an error message which says

"Director Player Error".... something to do with the xtras folder, there is usually about 4 boxes that appear simultaneously which have to be closed down. How do I stop this happening please I've tried to find the software but am not sure exactly what it is so don't want to uninstall anything.

In the programmes there is Cyberlink Power 2 Go is it anything to do with this? I wanted to leave this programme so maybe I need to do a repair?

Another problem is that it is asking me to do a recovery disc but I have already done that and it is still asking, can I stop this from popping up on startup?

Thanks

Daisy22 20:15 27 Aug 2010

I've sorted out my first problem so no need to respond to that.

Second problem still exists.

Also I've noticed that when I am the Local Disk (C) checking on files/folders I find that under driver there is a folder marked VISTA, with a sub folder called SP, then a folder marked win 2000 with a sub folder marked SP, and another folder marked win 2003 and yet another sub folder with win 2003, then another folder marked XP and the usual sub folder SP

Do I need all these folders and sub folders?

The OP System is XP which seems to be working fine.

I'm a bit confused about all of this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?