Error message "cannot start DSR application"

bumpkin 14:15 27 Mar 2015

I am getting the above error message which is preceded by "The security key is not found" Had this before and a reboot would normally fix it but since I have changed the mobo it will not. Using Win 7 and as far as I know the reffered to security key is stored in a chip on the PCI board, it is not something I could enter even if I knew it. It is an old PCI board used for CCTV. Had a good Google and others have encountered this but can not find a solution specific to my system.

Any suggestions.

northumbria61 15:21 27 Mar 2015

Bumpkin - Used for CCTV you say? Did you originally have software installed for this? Have you tried re-installing it from CD/DVD or running the set-up.exe file located on your computer

bumpkin 15:45 27 Mar 2015

I do have software for it which I have installed from the original disk. The problem is that the software was written for XP or lower. I did have it working in 7 using compatability. I have searched for the proper W7 drivers but unable to find any. I don't mind buying a new card but I did like the one I was using as it did everthing required easily once set up.

I think the problem is that the s/ware cannnot read the key from the PCI board rather than the DSR issue but I may be wrong. .

bumpkin 15:47 27 Mar 2015

To add, I think the new mobo or proccesor cannnot find the key where the previous one did.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

ManvsMachine win UK's only Gold Design Cannes Lions award

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?