Error message prior to opening "My Docs" and desk

keys27 17:00 02 Mar 2003

Any help ??

Opening up desktop icons and Explorer etc brings following message -
Assertion failed in file D:\Projects 3.60\COMET_CLIENT\BHO\CSBHO- cpp line 581

Clicking yes opens up file and carry on as normal. Obviously buggin the system as I am unable to install NTL broadband.

On Win 98 first edition and have had updated ntl CD.

Seemed to start with installation of Office 2000 which has now been removed without any diff.
Also reinstalled Win 98.

Seems only option is to reformat hard disk. This is new terrotory to me !!

spikeychris 17:30 02 Mar 2003

First things first, go to add/remove programs. Is there any reference to Comet software listed?

Chris

spikeychris 17:46 02 Mar 2003

Comet Cursor...the company is adamant that this isn't spy-ware, weather or not it is I have no idea but one or two people say it is.

You can un-check "Enable third-party browser
extensions" in Internet Options, Advanced tab, what this does is it specifies that you want to disable or enable features you installed for use with Internet Explorer that may not have been created by Microsoft.

You can also use the below link to remove the program as the add/remove option seems to not work most of the time.

Makes you wonder why a legit prog can not be removed in the conventional manner?????

click here

Chris

spikeychris 20:09 02 Mar 2003

Shoved your reply in here so that all can benefit.

"Yes it appears in Add/Remove and clicking to remove gives error message - sys cannot find path - Windows\sys\comet\bn\csbo.dll

i then went into Int opts - adv tab - could not see any ref to "enable 3rd party browser exts."

My reply here..

Is there not an enable third party extension box in advanced? if not have you tried the removal tool?

Chris

keys27 14:50 03 Mar 2003

Hi
tried Advanced tab on int options.
There is no "enable third party browser extensions " on mine - its v1 !

spikeychris 15:21 03 Mar 2003

Out of interest what version of Internet Explorer are you using (if you are indeed using IE)

Also have you STILL not tried the removal tool? it lives at click here.
cometsystems. com/cometcursor/Comet_Uninstaller.exe and is under "Download Comet Cursor cleaner" from the original link click here

Chris

spikeychris 15:24 03 Mar 2003

Don't click the first click here above I broke the link on purpose but not properly. It only shows the address of the uninstaller.

spikeychris 15:29 03 Mar 2003

I have just downloaded the app and all you need to do is download it to your desktop its only 20.5 KB in size (tiny) once done close your browser and hit the install button....

Chris

spikeychris 15:32 03 Mar 2003

Check your mail, I've just sent it you...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017