error message on nvidia soundstorm soundcard

blendit 21:56 30 Apr 2005

ok my sound works so output seems ok but input (mic) doesnt work! i get this error mesage any ideas?.....

"incorrect size during FXMANAGER_ALLOCATE!"

any help much appreciated thanks.

blendit 22:02 30 Apr 2005

ok i found this on google (translated german) would it make snese to do the installs as they say?

"Ramiréz - 2005-03-14, 22:07
Title: NVIDIA sound FXMANAGER_ALLOCATE error message
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello...

a problem with my sound has which I under Win2k did not have. Therefore I write in times here my problem.

Main board: Asus A7N8X - E Deluxe with Nvidia nForce chip set.

After new installation of WinXP with SP2 and current NVidia drivers I get now the following: On my 5,1 system is headed for only the left box and the Subwoofer. By software is all ok one. A driver conflict or the like is not present. If I sound map by of NVidia to start want come the following error message:

"wrong size of FXMANAGER_ALLOCATE determines!"

In the nForce system control I have permanent maximum excursion on all volume announcements for the boxes although no sound run. I naturally made the attitude on 5.1 system in the WinXP. Exactly the same in the system control of Nvidia...

I hope it can me more help...

mfg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ramiréz - 2005-03-19, 23:44
Title:
Ok one... for everything, which should have this error also times. For long look I * the error * found.

The following:

After I overwrote the new driver by an older (older!!) I did not have sound map by CONSOLE the no more, but everything has again functioned....

I had installed thus first these:

nForce_audio_4.57_winxp2k

then the older:

nForce_4.27_WinXP2K_WHQL_international

And like that the problem was solved.

One may believe it hardly, but is so....
I finds sadly, but which one is to make...."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone