Error Message Not enough Memory unable to continue

Antonio 02:19 03 Jun 2006

I have just upgraded my RAM memory from 512mb to 1024mb the maximum allowed on my Motherboard.

I am now getting messagess when multi tasking as follows "Not enough memory unable to proceed". Can you please help me

AndySD 02:33 03 Jun 2006

What is your operating system?

Also try going Start the Run and type in;

msconfig

press ok and go to the Startup tab. Use the search click here and untick any not needed.

PS when you restart tick the box "Dont show this message again then click OK click here

Antonio 15:01 04 Jun 2006

Have tried the suggested help methods to no avail, I have tried to reformat my C: Drive using Thorough method and I get the same response "Not enough memory to carry out this request" so I had to do it "Quick" and this to me suggests possibly a BIOS problem.

I have had both WIN ME and WIN XP and I get the same response with any program load.

T0SH 18:37 04 Jun 2006

Why don`t you undo the RAM upgrade, then boot up into safe mode and use system restore to go back to a date before you upgraded the ram , if this cures the problem then the most likely reason is incompatibility with the new RAM ? or that your motherboard is not capable of handling 1 gig of ram ?

Cheers HC

woodchip 18:53 04 Jun 2006

You cannot run over 512Mb ram on a WinME computer unless you have a separate memory manager than windows

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?