Error message from MS Internet Explorer!!!

Sabi 16:49 14 Sep 2007

Hi everyone;

Could you please help me to understand why I am getting the following "error message" from Internet Explorer when I want to install/run online scan!!

Microsoft Internet Explorer
An error occurred while trying to transfer data from Internet. Do you want TrendMicro HouseCell to try resending the required files....OK....Cancel>>>>>>

It doesn't matter what button I click on (OK, Cancel) the same message keeps coming on over and over again!
I have allowed cookies and 3rd party for TrendMicro HouseCell in ZA (my AV)but it didn't make a difference.

I use Windows XP (home edition),ZAISS (AV), Ad-Aware, Windows Defender. The Internet Explorer I use is V6

Many thanks

Sabi :-(

mfletch 16:51 14 Sep 2007

Hi, Try deleting all cookies and all temp Internet files then try again,

mfletch

SANTOS7 17:13 14 Sep 2007

In effect you have TWO A/Vs running so there is software conflict, i think you will need to turn off your ZAiss and then run your online scan........

Sabi 17:32 14 Sep 2007

Thanks for your prompt replies :-D

mfletch;
I always delete "all Cookies, Tem Internet Files and Recycle Bin" after using the Internet so there was nothing there.

SANTOS7
I have used different online scan before without turning off ZA. This is a first time I am having problem regarding that. Also whether I use AOL (my service provider) or Internet Explorer; I keep getting the same message over and over again!
I am just worried if I turn off ZA, I won't have protection against viruses etc online!

Sabi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?