Error Message installing itunes

bear73 09:05 09 Jan 2011

Hi

I was hoping someone could help me out. Last night I restored my pc to factory settings and then installed a brand new full version of Windows 7. All went well, got everything up and working again. I left itunes to last as I thought that may prove more of a headache as I'd had to back up 3 librarys and wasn't looking forward to reinstalling them!

Anyway, I went to the itunes website and clicked the latest download for itunes. My pc started to load it and then half way through this message appeared.

An error occured duting to installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT,version="8.0.50727.4053",type="win32",publickeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processor Architecture="x86". Please refer to help and support for more information.HRESULT:0x80070BC9

Any ideas? I clicked ok and the green load bar reversed itself and then seemed to start again. It did load but had an error message about not loading Apple Mobile during installation and then right at the end, once all installed, it said Apple support didn't load and I should reinstall itunes. It was very late by this point so I unistalled everything Apple Inc (itunes, Quicktime, Bonjour etc) and called it a night.

I need to try installing it again later today but wanted some advice before I try for the 2nd time. The pc should have been nice and clean what with doing a restore and loading a new operating system. All my other stuff is working fine, Anti-Virus, Printer, Router, Mail etc.

Any help appreciated before I try again.

Thanks

VoG II 09:32 09 Jan 2011

This may help click here

bear73 09:21 10 Jan 2011

Thanks. It was due to me not restarting the pc after windows had loaded all the updates. All seems fine now, thanks very much.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone