error message everytime my pc turns on

james_bskt 10:14 05 Apr 2008

hi i dont know much about the technical side of computers, but i get an error message now every time i turn on my pc, first an install box saying

"please wait while windows installs memeo"

and then after a few minutes i get a message this time with a box with a red X in it, saying,

Memeo - Installshield Wizard
UseDLL Failed
Couldn't load C:\DOCUME~1\*MYNAME*~\LOCALS~\Temp\*then some massive code of numbers and letters*\InstUtil.dll file."

then the only option is "ok" and then i click and all disapears... my pc is very unresponsive whilst these boxes are present, and it triples my turn on pc time.. any one give any help on how to stop it?

Memeo is the software that i got with a new externnal hard drive, and it recently updated so i had to install a new Memeo piece of software, it installed fine but now i'm plagued with this ..

james_bskt 10:17 05 Apr 2008
  rawprawn 10:21 05 Apr 2008

I am assuming that you have this program installed click here
Have you tried uninstralling and reinstalling

james_bskt 14:50 05 Apr 2008

i dont know where i got the new install, it just said update? and i clicked yes and it went through the install procedure so i dont know where the new .exe is . but yes thanks good idea i could uninstall and reinstall the original memeo then update again. watch this space to see if it worked :D

woodchip 14:55 05 Apr 2008

I think you have picked up Malaware on the Net.

Go to start\Run type msconfig, look down the list under startup tab and remove the tick from the box

brundle 15:05 05 Apr 2008

It's backup software - issue mentioning the filename;click here

Download and install a trial version, then uninstall it.click here

rawprawn 17:11 05 Apr 2008

I agree with brundle, which is what I suggested in my first post.
Have you tried that?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?