Error Message Disabling OE

dublincity 20:20 14 Nov 2003

I recently had an Error Message in my OE 6.0 that all but diabled the system (I'm on Win XP Pro). Whenever it appeared I had no option but to re-boot. I narrowed the problem down to a particular e.mail (a web-page that I'd posted to myself). I managed to isolate it in the 'Deleted' box but then could neither open nor empty that since clicking brought up the Error Message again. I overcame the problem when I went -- > Tools -- > Options and keyed in 'Empty Deleted Folder Upon Exit'. The problem is back again caused by yet another e.mailed web-page. This time I have isolated it in the 'Sent' folder and have saved everything else outside OE. There appears to be a facility in Options -- > Maintenance that allows for all OE folders to be emptied. However, I tried the three possible methods and none has removed the single item in the Sent box that is causing all the trouble. My OE is still usable provided I don't click on that box. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thetford Brian 20:32 14 Nov 2003

You could do a search and look for the file:
Sent Items.dbx

If you delete this, it will delete ALL the files in your sent items folder (so save any emails that you want to keep, first)!!

A new Sent Items.dbx folder will be created when you re-launch Outlook Express.

dublincity 21:03 14 Nov 2003

Many Thanks, Brian - it worked!

Thetford Brian 21:27 14 Nov 2003

Pleased to be of assistance!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?