Error Message after installing OpenOffice download

Tilly Flop 15:28 29 Jun 2005

I recently downloaded the stable version of OpenOffice + security patch 1.1.4 but then I received error message on startup "Norton AntiVirus 2005 does not support the repair feature, please uninstall & reinstall". First I uninstalled OpenOffice & then I checked Symantec support site & discovered from their factsheet that the startup files had been disabled; this I resolved. The quarantine files portal/incoming were also missing so I've sorted that. I've scanned for viruses - none detected. Also checked for Sasser - again not infected. Has anyone any idea how to resolve the issue without uninstalling & installing the Norton Internet Security? Also has anyone experienced this problem before? I would much appreciate your help guys as a security problem is rather worrying. Many thanks

Tilly Flop 02:27 04 Jul 2005

I've uninstalled & installed the Norton Internet Security 2005 this weeked & the message no longer appears on the screen at startup. However has anyone any idea why my Norton AntiVirus component was disabled? I've just done a scan with RootkitRevealer & is revealed HKLM\SOFTWARE11.4.05 13 bytes Data mismatch between window
Is this normal?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?