Error Message

hotwired 21:45 02 May 2003

My pc had this blue screen after Nero had finished burning a cd

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
It advised me to disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing and it do
this in safe mode.
Can anyone tell me what shall I do and in what steps?
I am running xp pro

LastChip 22:29 02 May 2003

You need to consult your motherboard manual, to understand the implications of changing individual BIOS settings.

Sometimes, as a result of changes, you will find your system will not boot, and it is essential to know how to recover the system if that happens.

I am at a loss to understand how you could change BIOS settings from "safe mode".

Normally you enter the BIOS on initial boot-up by pressing the "delete" key, or whatever your screen tells you to do.

Perhaps, this is another function of XP, which I am unfamiliar with.

PSF 22:35 02 May 2003

I had the same message tonight, I think my network card is on it's way out.

Try updating your Nero to the latest version click here , that message might have also said the fault was caused by a device driver.

hotwired 23:58 02 May 2003

Thanks for advice, I have updated my Nero version, and will update this thread if I face the same problem again. I cannot find and Microsoft knowledge based fix for this problem. I will hunt for it as people may encounter this error message.

hotwired 00:00 03 May 2003

sorry floks "FIND A MICROSOFT"

powerless 00:07 03 May 2003
  powerless 00:09 03 May 2003

Ignore the first click here.

hotwired 00:13 03 May 2003

cheers for the URL look like i will be up all night sorting this out. will advise of outcome...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?